Terms of Business
- Fee Structure – The fee structure will ordinarily be agreed with the client prior to the commencement of the assignment. In the absence of a specific written agreement the following rates and structure will apply:
Salary package up to $100K – 15% plus advertising costs & expenses.
Salary package of $100K or above – 18% plus advertising costs & expenses.
Assignment fees are invoiced in three trenches:
One third of the expected total fee upon confirmation of the assignment
One third of the expected total fee on presentation of a shortlist
One third upon appointment of the successful candidate
- Expenses – Candidates’ reasonable travelling and out of pocket expenses will be charged at cost to the client
- GST – All fees and sums referred to are exclusive of GST which shall be charged at the appropriate rate to the client.
- Contract termination by Candidate – If any candidate introduced resigns, terminates a contract to provide services or is dismissed, other than by reason of redundancy within 26 weeks of commencement, we undertake to refill the position without payment of any further fees. Any further advertising or out of pocket expenses incurred will be recharged to the client at cost. This undertaking will only apply where: The client notifies us within 7 working days of termination
- Contract Termination by Client – The client may terminate the assignment at any time providing such notice is given in writing. Fees appropriate to the stage reached when such notification is given will be payable, together with a cancellation fee of 10% of the salary package.
- Confidentiality – Introductions are confidential. To pass them on to other persons renders the original recipient liable for the fee in respect of any candidate appointed by this means.
- References – We endeavour to introduce suitable candidates but the candidates must ultimately be judged by the client. We shall not be liable for any defaults or shortcomings by the candidate. The client is responsible for verifying references and making enquiries as they deem necessary but we will be pleased to do so if requested.
- Limitations of Liability – Our liability to the client for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused shall be limited to and in no circumstances shall exceed the fees paid or payable to us.
- Force Majeure – We shall be entitled to delay or cancel or vary performance of our obligations to the client if we are prevented from or hindered in or delayed in the performance through circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs, accidents, war, fire, reduction in or unavailability of essential services and breakdown of machinery.
- Payment Terms – Invoices for professional fees are due for payment within fourteen days of the date of the invoice. Invoices for advertising and associated costs are payable immediately on presentation reflecting the credit policy imposed on us by the media.
- Terms of Business – Appointment of a candidate introduced by us will be regarded as acceptance of these Terms of Business.
The client has not defaulted in any payment of amounts due and has complied with all these terms of business